2011 Festival (Brisbane)
The 2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival (5-14 May 2011) was a brand spanking new festival for theatre anywhere but a traditional theatre venue.
With an initial aim to have 10 productions over a weekend, instead it turned into 152 performances with 5,000 direct and indirect audience members and exposure through media to a potential audience of over 1,000,000 thanks to coverage in “The Australian” and “The 7PM Project” on Channel 10.
The festival team produced 38 different productions that would not otherwise have happened. Performers ranged from Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, all the way through to Norway, the U.S.A, U.K. and Spain.
The festival was funded on donated time by the two organisers, Paul Osuch and Alexandra McTavish, $10,000 from Arts Queensland, approximately $3,000 in registration fees and incredible support from partners Image Solutions, Queensland Arts Council, Quest Newspapers and in particular Oblong + Sons, who were responsible for designing and implementing the look and feel of the festival materials from advertisements through to web sites.
Partnerships was a major component of the festival, set to be expanded in 2012. There is significant scope for more partners at different levels as well as a need for Anywhere Theatre Festival to service the relationships and provide real benefits for sponsors.
The infrastucture provided for theatre practitioners was a great start. For the amount that was paid by most companies to register (approx $120) they were set up with an online box office, promoted through the central web site, promoted through the 10,000 programs distributed throughout Brisbane, provided materials to help them create their own marketing and PR plan and given contacts to pursue venues. The end result of this is that the average audience capacity was 75% with a dozen productions selling out beyond capacity.
For 2012 we’ll simplify the registration cost and ensure that all major venues are booked by the festival instead of leaving it to the companies to book in February, which is too late for major places like Southbank.
The 2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival includes cabaret, circus, comedy, drama, site specific theatre and kids theatre and features productions by Riot Stage, underground Productions, Black Fox Theatre, Divalution, Cracked Pavement, Rag Tag Productions, Somerset Mills Productions, Flipside Circus, Roundabout theatre, Queensland Arts Council, Gumball Theatre, Edge Improv, Spangles Aura Productions, Booster cushion, The Deconverters, Fractal Theatre, Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble, Two Hours Traffic, Circa Zoolings, Cradle Productions, Michael Weston Organisation, Soapbox Theatre, Circa Zoo, allison Manson and Imploding Fictions.  
- 13/5/2011 After 3 (ArtsHub)
- 12/5/2011 Opera Divas square off in ring (Quest – City News)
- 6/5/2011 Sparking the Conversation (Quest – City South ABW)
- 6/5/2011 State by State Whip Around (The 7PM Project)
- 3/5/2011 Brisbane gears up for theatrefest (Nine MSN)
- 2/5/2011 Interview with Festival Director Paul Osuch (www.linkadelaide.com)
- 1/5/2011 Performers Flip Out For Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 30/4/2011 Theatre takes a step outside the box (Queensland Times)
- 29/04/2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival set to shake up Brisbane theatre scene (Courier Mail)
- 29/04/2011 Ipswich mystery brought to life (Ipswich News)
- 29/04/2011 The Anywhere Theatre Festival – it’s everywhere (artshub.com.au)
- 29/4/2011 Updated Anywhere Theatre Festival release with shows listed by day
- 28/04/2011 “This weeks big news is the start of the Anywhere Theatre Festival” (ourbrisbane.com)
- 27/4/2011 Shit: in a public toilet near you!
- 21/04/2011 Mystery around dead baby in the well (Ipswich Advertiser)
- 20/4/2011 Be not afraid… to take theatre Anywhere
- 19/4/2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival – Theatre Anywhere (FESTIVAL RELEASE AND LISTINGS)
- 19/4/2011 Play with your food! at the 2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 19/4/2011 Spark up the conversation at the 2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 15/04/2011 Ipswich tragedy on stage (Queensland Times)
- 12/4/2011 We want you to review every production in the Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 10/4/2011 Belt out your Confessions with Belladiva at the Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 10/4/2011 Candy Royalle adds Brisbane’s Anywhere Theatre Festival to her international touring schedule
- 25/03/2011 Anywhere Theatre Festival Launch (ourbrisbane.com)
- 30/3/2011 From nothing to Brisbane’s biggest theatre only festival in less than a year
- 28/3/2011 Cracked Pavement Productions presents Dirty Laundry at the Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 21/3/2011 Launch of the Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 8/3/2011 Bring the festival to your door… literally
- 30/12/2010 On Your Radar (ourbrisbane.com)
- 20/9/2010 The Australian Interview with Paul Osuch by Rosemary Sorensen
- 1/9/2010 Register now to be part of the Anywhere Theatre Festival
- 22/07/2010 ourbrisbane article by Katherine Lyall-Watson
- 15/07/2010 Green Room Interview with Paul Osuch
- 05/07/2010 Darren Lerrigo Interview with Paul Osuch