It’s easy to be part of the Anywhere Theatre Festival, Brisbane’s most accessible and well-loved independent events.
Anyone with a creative vision for performance, anywhere outside of a traditional theatre space, can register. Whether you are an emerging or established artist, we’re here to help you achieve your goals.
- REGISTER your performance or exhibition by 15 January 2017 (NOW CLOSED for Brisbane)
- Confirm your event details by 15 February 2017.
- Anywhere Theatre Festival Launch is 8 March 2017
- Anywhere Theatre Festival runs 4-21 May 2017.
New to Anywhere Theatre Festival and want to know more about the process? Check out this LINK.
WHAT DOES REGISTERING GET ME?
- Access to resources and suggested non-traditional locations without huge traditional theatre rental fees
- Access to experienced Anywhere Theatre Festival personnel
- An event listing/tile in the Anywhere Theatre Festival printed guide
- A dedicated page on www.anywheretheatre.com including a link to purchase tickets
- Track your sales access your ticket lists and own your mailing list
- Ticketing and box office management – the ticket fee is significantly lower than other festivals and on par with online ticketing agencies
- Free access to monthly online and in-person Artist Workshops
- Location banners and front of house resources for your performance space
- Tickets to the Anywhere Theatre Festival Launch Party and Awards Night
- Automatic eligibility for an Anywhere Awards
- Participant pass to a;; Anywhere Theatre Festival shows (where capacity allows)
- Access to a huge online community of independent artists
- Potential profiling within features/advertising/partner publications and online
- Anywhere Reviews and Photographs that will critique your show and provide fantastic imagery.
PLUS SOME NEW STUFF IN 2017!
- One free rehearsal space booking thanks to Communify!
- Inclusion in the Ipswich Festival program for events running in Ipswich between 4-14 May
- And for the first time since 2012 your public liability costs during the festival are covered. Yep.
Please note: Your event is not official until payment is received.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
For presenters, and artists:
- Visual Arts Exhibitions and Free unticketed events: $80
- Ticketed event with 1 instances: $150
- Ticketed event with 2 or more instances: $250
Participation Fees are GST Free
WHAT ARTISTS THINK
“Lo and behold, THEATRE IS NOT JUST FOR THEATRES! Can you believe it?
Without the Anywhere Theatre Festival, a company like mine may never get the exposure it needs to launch independently. It has provided me with an audience base, a mailing list of over 400 people, some profit to share and the means to create work outside the festival as well! ‘”Important” is an understatement!” – Daniel Gough, The Suicide Ensemble
Participants state that the average cost of presenting from $12,903 in a theatre reduces to $1,023 with Anywhere Theatre Festival.