Registrations have now closed for performers and artists to present work in the very first Wollongong Anywhere Theatre Festival, thanks to major partners Wollongong City Council, Destination Wollongong and Wollongong Central.
The festival is open to anyone under one condition: to perform anywhere but a theatre, or exhibit art anywhere but a gallery in Wollongong.
Venue hire – traditionally an independent artist’s biggest cost – is removed with this one condition, paving the way for in-kind collaborations with major partners Destination Wollongong, Wollongong City Council and Wollongong Central, plus local businesses and individuals.
- Come along to a free Anywhere Theatre Festival Information Session at The Phoenix Theatre from 7-9pm, Wednesday 15 March (DETAILS)
- REGISTER your interest to present performance or exhibition by 26 March
- Confirm your event details by mid April 2017.
- Anywhere Theatre Festival Launch is late May 2017
- Anywhere Theatre Festival runs 17-27 August 2017.
New to Anywhere Theatre Festival and want to know more about the process? Check out this LINK.
WHAT DOES REGISTERING GET ME?
- Access to resources and non-traditional locations without rental fees during Anywhere including Wollongong Central, Ziggy’s house of Nomms, Humber, Wollongong Gallery, the Uniting Church, The Little Prince and Circus Monoxide training space .
- Access to experienced Anywhere Theatre Festival personnel
- An event listing/tile in the Anywhere Theatre Festival printed guide
- A dedicated page on www.anywheretheatre.com including a link to purchase tickets
- Track your sales access your ticket lists and own your mailing list
- Ticketing and box office management – the ticket fee is significantly lower than other festivals and on par with online ticketing agencies
- Free access to monthly online and in-person Artist Workshops
- Location banners and front of house resources for your performance space
- Tickets to the Anywhere Theatre Festival Launch Party and Awards Night
- Automatic eligibility for an Anywhere Awards
- Participant pass to all Anywhere Theatre Festival shows (where capacity allows)
- Access to a huge online community of independent artists
- Potential profiling within features/advertising/partner publications and online
- Anywhere Reviews and Photographs that will critique your show and provide fantastic imagery.
- Your public liability costs during the festival are covered. Yep that’s right
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
For presenters, and artists:
- Visual Arts Exhibitions and Free unticketed events: $80
- Ticketed event with 1 instances: $150
- Ticketed event with 2 or more instances: $250
Participation Fees are GST Free
WHAT ARTISTS THINK
“Lo and behold, THEATRE IS NOT JUST FOR THEATRES! Can you believe it?
Without the Anywhere Theatre Festival, a company like mine may never get the exposure it needs to launch independently. It has provided me with an audience base, a mailing list of over 400 people, some profit to share and the means to create work outside the festival as well! ‘”Important” is an understatement!” – Daniel Gough, The Suicide Ensemble
Participants state that the average cost of presenting from $12,903 in a theatre reduces to $1,023 with Anywhere Theatre Festival.