May 24 – Final show Expressions of interest deadline for 2015 Frankston Anywhere Festival
Performers and producers have until 24 May to express interest in being part of Frankston Anywhere Festival running 21 August – 6 September.
Anywhere Festival Frankston – hosted by Frankston City Council – is a festival of performance anywhere but in a theatre. Drama in cafes, acrobatics in skate parks, comedy in a heritage home and music. Anything, anywhere… but in a theatre. Expressions of Interest are FREE and can be done here CLICK HERE.
“The Anywhere Festival is coming back in 2015 and now is the time to try it out, whether you are wanted to develop new work, develop new audiences or develop your skills as a creative,” said Paul Osuch, cofounder of Anywhere Festival.
Why present your show at Frankston Anywhere Festival? Here’s our top 9
- Don’t pay for venue hire – No venue hire fees and you can perform in private and public spaces anywhere but a theatre. In 2014 these ranged from Eeny Meeny Cafe to McClelland Sculpture Park and the Frankston Skate Park. Find a space or work with us to help you broker a space.
- Be seen in the programme – Restricted festival size of forty shows means you won’t get lost in an overwhelming program
- Develop your audience – The average audience attendance rate for previous Anywhere Festivals is between 77-82%.
- Raise money for your fringe show – Due to the low costs, many acts perform at Anywhere Festival to raise money to pay for their fringe festival show!
- “This has been our most financially successful festival all year, even after touring our shows nationally!” Tessa Waters, performer at 2012 Anywhere Festival, Melbourne Fringe and Adelaide Fringe.
- Box Office Provided – Online and phone Box office provided for all shows (because you will be using venues that don’t run their own)
- Internationally known festival – Anywhere Festival was rated in 2012 as one of the “Top Nine Fine Festivals You Must See!” by Qantas Travel Insider
- Get reviewed and photographed – Anywhere Reviewer and Photographer scheme give you a better chance to have a review, to start a dialogue and have photos taken
- Support from festival organisers – “Amazing direct contact with Paul and Alex. It still blows me away by the level of support both provide. I was very mindful not to abuse or take advantage of their generosity, but when I did find myself in a position I needed to speak with them they were always there and gave 100 and 10 % to me. I never once felt like I was in the dark about anything… and when working in a festival environment this is the best support I could have ever asked for!” 2014 Participant
Interested performers and procedures can find out more and express interest at www.anywherefest.com/eoi